You will be supporting our work on the Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs - Office of Consular Systems and Technology (CST) Task Order contract for Passport Services Support. This job requires that you are a US Citizen in order to be eligible for a DoD government security clearance. You will be working in Rosslyn, Virginia.
As an experienced Tier III Engineer and a key part of the Tier III help desk, you will provide and receive notification of application problems and processes these to resolution. This includes prioritization, diagnosing and repairing problems, coordination of staff members with other team members, generate activity and status reports; log support requests in Remedy and maintain the status thereof through to resolution and create instructions, knowledge base articles and other artifacts that promote effective operation and problem resolution.
You will be responsible for the day to day addressing of Tier III tickets generated for Passport applications production support under the directions of the Tier III Manager. You will ensure Tier III ticket scope and testing requirements are understood and implemented, and facilitate pertinent assignments to Sprints by interfacing with the Scrum Master and project team memebrs. You will interface heavily with CST agencies, CST Enterprise Operations, and internal and external development life cycle group representatives in the areas of production support, programming, configuration management, quality assurance, release management, technical writing and network support from project inception, and throughout, to ensure Tier III tickets are processed from inception to a complete resolution. The following are the detailed responsibilities of the Tier III Engineer:
- Debugs Tier III tickets (production support) using systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for products and services.
- Generates daily, weekly, and ad-hoc status reports on ticket resolutions.
- Provides data entry, documentation, tracking, managing and responding to status queries.
- Accepts Tier III tickets via the Remedy tool, email, phone, logs all requests, and updates progress status.
- Generates knowledge base and provide training for Tier II and peer Tier III personnel as needed.
- Provides Tier III coverage during normal business hours of 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM and hours outside normal business hours as needed.
- Consults with development engineers to resolve problems.
- Be responsible for meeting Service Level Agreement metrics on resolution times, first response times for Critical, High, Medium and Low tickets etc.
- Participates in process improvement initiative(s) to develop/carry out organizational process improvements for software engineering and technical support.
- Engages end-users, pertinent customer stakeholders as necessary, to provide Tier III resolution status and issues.
- Complies with implementation of baseline contractual plans and tools for Tier III and opertaional support.
- Performs multi-hat roles to include one or more of the following: Software Testing, Change Management, Release Management, Programming, Documentation.
Undergraduate degree in technical field and 5 years of experience.
Performance-Oriented Solutions Around the Globe
In a world where change happens in the blink of an eye, it is more important than ever that...