The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for triaging, troubleshooting and resolving desktop computer and peripheral issues in complex environments and key business office locations. Possesses advanced network and telephony skills and provides on-site network and telephony assistance.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, configure, and assist users with ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software. Perform support in person, on the phone, via remote desktop or email.
- Records accurate user and request information in the Remedy service management system. Update and maintain the Work Log with pertinent information for resolving the request.
- Transfer data and personalize new computers when existing computers have reached end of useful life.
- Accurately log and track computers and peripherals in asset management database.
- Train and orient users on use of hardware and software.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Requires a min of 1 year technical support experience.
- Knowledge of software installation in a windows environment including policies, INF files, scripting, INI files, Windows Registry and directory structure.
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software, diagnosis, configuration and installations.
Ricoh - 17 months ago