Receive and acknowledge contact from customers desiring information or inquiries pertaining to the customer’s account. Provide intelligent and accurate information in reply to customer’s questions and/or complaints, referring to Company records and customer’s accounts as basis for information. With the aid of the BANNER system, be able to create, change, and correct, work orders affecting customer’s account.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Answer requests from customer via telephone, mail or Email, analyze and respond to request or forward request to individual or department that could best handle request.
2. Able to answer 12 calls per hour and maintain a monthly monitoring and quality average of 85%.
3. Able to report to work on time for the start of the shift on days scheduled to work.
4. Resolve customer issues related to billing, customer service, and collection or service.
5. Maintain liaison with other departments to ensure customer’s request was completed.
6. Able to utilize the BANNER System to effect collection activity, issue re-bills, name/address changes and other account corrections based on customer's contact. CSR I must analyze accounts to determine proper remedial action.
7. Thoroughly cross-trained in Company policy and procedures and the ability to accurately handle a customer’s request related to:
1. Customer service policies and procedures.
2. Collections policies and procedures.
3. Billing procedures.
4. Billing rates and surcharges.
5. Calculation of customer bills.
6. Internal plumbing problems causing water leakage.
7. High consumption.
8. Various meter types, meter installations and identification.
9. How various meter readings are obtained.
10. Financial adjustments to an account.
11. Rules regarding payment arrangements.
8. Use the BANNER system to update, and/or schedule various service orders with information provided by the Customer or Company representative.
9. Pleasant but firm telephone manner, proper etiquette skills and favorably conveys the professional image of the Customer Services department and Aqua with internal and external contact through verbal communication.
10. Maintain and be well versed on knowledge of Company's responsibilities, policies and procedure, credit, collection and billing procedures and current billing rates. Become familiar with PA Chapter 56 and Chapter 14 standards and be familiar with federal laws concerning fair collection processes.
11. Be knowledgeable with the various meters, meter installations and identification, and understand how the meter readings are obtained.
12. Perform all other duties or tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Minimum of two years experience in a call center environment.
- Demonstrates high energy and enthusiasm and thrives in a fast-paced/always evolving environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office to include Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be capable of attaining a working knowledge of billing procedures along with knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Hired employees will be required to be available to work flexible hours within the Call Center’s operational schedule of Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., part-time schedules, and/or overtime, if and when necessary including Saturdays.
- High School graduate or equivalent, Associates degree preferred.
Aqua America helps keep water clean and people quenched. It is a holding company for regulated utilities that provide water distribution and...