GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Individuals selected into the program become Supply Chain Coordinators. In addition to full time management and operational responsibilities, the Supply Chain Coordinator participates in extensive developmental activities to prepare them to become a Supply Chain Director or key management positions within Supply Chain.
- Individuals selected for the Supply Chain Development Program will complete field training, classroom assignments, and computer modules preparing them to function competently as Supply Chain management or other appropriate roles throughout the HCA Supply Chain Organization. Training will focus on enhancing participants' management and technical skills. Division and Field Training will ensure participants are knowledgeable in supply chain management. Participants must display competency in specialized aspects of the position and complete training modules involving the Monthly Operation Review (MOR), budgeting, inventory management, and division assigned projects.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
Program participants must "complete and pass" scheduled classroom training (SC University).
Candidates must successfully complete field training assignments, within a hospital and division setting. Candidate will perfect management and technical skills listed in the "Job Summary".
During the program, candidates will serve as a supervisor in their assigned facility and as a project coordinator for division projects to further enhance their management and technical skills.
Candidates must participate in and meet the requirements of quarterly reviews, given by Supply Chain Senior Management and the facility Supply Chain Director to remain in the program.
Candidate will review the Supply Chain model and assess operations performance against the model and make recommendations for change
Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug containing devices relative to core competencies of the position.
As a Supply Chain Intern:
1. Direct department operations as assigned by the Supply Chain Director.
2. Act as a supervisor, training and monitoring staff performance to ensure job responsibilities and Supply Chain initiatives are accomplished.
3. Assist SC, CRM, FRC and department managers in the implementation and development of Supply Chain initiatives.
4. Participate in inventory management and departmental operations. Develop and monitor operational and capital budgets, and prepare financial Supply Chain reports, communicating information to facility and division management.
5. Identify trends in operational and financial performance, develop supply cost containment strategies, identify potential contracting opportunities, and involvement with supply revenue and operational improvements.
6. Implement HealthTrust Purchasing Group contracts and monitor Supply Chain compliance according to company policies.
7. Adhere to and foster HCA's Ethics and Compliance program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Candidate has demonstrated the ability to excel and outperform peers in an entry level position.
Candidate is viewed by peers as an informal leader.
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and experienced in databases.
Requires occasional travel for training and educational opportunities.
May require long work hours and weekends.
Conducts self in a professional, competent and ethical manner.
Demonstrates the ability to present and sell new ideas and programs.
Geographic flexibility is required for program participation and promotion.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related Supply Chain field.
- One year experience in healthcare, logistics and/or finance.