KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) is a premium provider of end-to-end video technology and services. The KIT Platform, the company’s cloud-based solution, helps media & entertainment, network operator and non-media enterprise clients to produce, manage and deliver multi-screen social video experiences to audiences wherever they are. KIT digital services more than 2,200 clients in over 50 countries, including some of the world’s biggest brands, such as Airbus, The Associated Press, BBC, Best Buy, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Disney-ABC, FedEx, GM, Google, HP, MTV, News Corp, Telecom Argentina, Telefonica, Universal Studios, Verizon, Vodafone and Volkswagen. With its executive offices in New York and operational headquarters in Prague, KIT digital maintains other principal offices in Atlanta, San Diego, Beijing, Boston, Cairo, Chennai, Cologne, Dubai, Ely (U.K.), Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Melbourne (Australia), Paris, San Francisco, Singapore and Stockholm.
We are seeking a Junior UNIX/Linux Systems Engineer with experience supporting internet application environments. This position offers an opportunity to work with a highly talented team of Engineers, Technical Architects, Project Managers and some of the most advanced media companies in the world. This is an excellent learning opportunity for someone who loves challenges and working with the latest open source technologies.
- Assist with support and engineering to the KIT Cloud-based video platforms
- Deliver high quality technical solutions to both priority support issues and longer term project work
- Work with groups internal to the client as well as third party vendors required to deliver the clients application
- Be able to work autonomously yet also as extension to Managed Service teams across multiple time zones and countries
- Adapt to changing business requirements by developing and learning support procedures for the changing environment
Desired Skills (OR new ones to gain)
- 2-5 years of experience with enterprise high availability Linux systems administration. This ideally would include experience in a managed service environment.
- Experience with at least one type of Java application environment, e.g. JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere.
- Knowledge of standard internet protocols including: TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, and LDAP.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash etc
- Be able to manage and respond to a dynamic work flow and respond to high pressure situations
- Good communication skills
- A desire to develop within the role and to progress your career
- Available to participate in an on-call rotation
What’s In It For Me?
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Virtualization technologies
- Experience with load balancing and caching technologies
- Understanding of XML and related concepts
- Experience with enterprise storage management such as SAN and NAS technologies
Kit digital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status
- Competitive pay
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance / 401K benefits
- 20 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with the security of a publically traded company
- Massive growth opportunities
- Respect for your ideas and recognition for a job well-done
- International travel opportunities
- Exposure to the latest cloud computing, video-on-demand, and web technologies
- NOT working in a corner cube on legacy solutions that nobody will ever see