The candidate will provide Linux system administration for Electronic Commerce services.
- Provide Linux system administration in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Approve and execute Change Control requests for hardware, OS and applications.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Provide and receive cross training from immediate support team.
- Develop custom reports to meet the business needs.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent job related experience.
Job Related Experience:
Must be willing to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
- Exposure to portfolio management, planning or optimization solutions
- Minimum ten years experience with Linux platforms to include but not limited to the following: patching, OS troubleshooting, provisioning of new systems, in-depth understanding of SAN/NFS, performance tuning, and crash dump analysis.
- VMware – install, configure, and support.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Able to adapt to change in deadlines and changes in the nature of assignments.
- Capable of clear and direct communication with peers and management
- Ability to navigate a large organization and to influence others beyond their direct authority
- Able to manage assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision, while recognizing the need for a high degree of accuracy and quality
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.