The Nursing Director is accountable for the comprehensive administration of key functions, roles, systems and processes in assigned areas of responsibility. The Nursing Director acts as a department head for assigned area and provides key leadership for patient-centered care delivery and the Medical Center's mission, vision and beliefs. In addition to the job functions contained on the primary job description, these following duties are also required:
1. Actualizes the Maternal –Child Program business plan including development of measurable outcomes.
2. Provides direction for construction of Obstetrics and Children's tower to include patient flow, emergency response, and all systems and processes to optimize a culture of safety and workflow.
3. Works collaboratively with Medical Director of Neonatal Services to develop, implement and evaluate care plans for Level III NICU.
4. Assesses and develops new programs for Pediatrics, Women's Health and Perinatal Care.
5. Attends medical staff meetings to include the Department of Women's and Children's Division meeting for Pediatrics and Division for OB/GYN.
6. Keeps abreast of current clinical trends and technology for areas of responsibility and provides a system perspective for managers and staff.
7. *Functions as Director for areas of responsibility ensuring alignment with the provision of patient care.
8. *Assures that clinical staff resources and assignments are consistent with meeting patient care needs.
9. Manages clinical emergencies and operates internal and external disaster plan.
10. *Activates resources and integrates nursing services with other departments to foster patient-centered care.
11. *Assures consistency in interpretation and application of the care delivery model, mission, vision and beliefs of the organization.
12. *Develops capital and operating budgets with input from mangers for areas of responsibility in accordance with budget timetables.
13. *Works with managers and staff to assure expenses are within budget parameters for areas of responsibility; reviews and analyzes budget and other management reports and takes action as needed to assure effective and efficient operations.
14. *Reviews and analyzes budget and other management reports and takes action as needed to assure effective and efficient operations for areas of responsibility.
15. *Develops and sustains standards of care and practices which are consistent with current trends for existing programs/services.
16. Develops programs and services based on needs analysis and facilitates their implementation and evaluation.
17. Implements the Medical Center Corporate Compliance Plan; assists with review of the BryanLGH Medical Center’s plan for Patient Care Services and recommends adjustments.
18. Establishes and maintains job descriptions for areas of responsibility.
19. Meets or exceeds Joint Commission and other regulatory and accreditation standards.
20. Participates in risk management activities.
21. *Resolves clinical concerns by patients, families, and physicians; promotes medical staff relationships.
22. Provides leadership and participates in Medical Center improvement initiatives and teams as assigned.
Current Registered Nurse licensure from the State of Nebraska or approved compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act required. Masters degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or related field required. Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience in a clinical position related to the area of assignment required. Minimum of three (3) years experience in management or supervisory role required.
BryanLGH Medical Center - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard