HealthFitness has an exciting opportunity for a Health Fitness Professional (Third-Shift) at our client site located in Georgetown, KY. This premier program consists of a 40,000 square feet facility and serves over 4,000 members nearly 24 hours per day.
The Health Fitness Professional position coordinates, implements, and/or delivers health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. This role is responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES (Duties & Responsibilities)
This job is responsible for the performance of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Monitors facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations.
- Personal Trains and designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities as needed; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Participates in site business planning and budgeting process.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
The following minimum qualifications are required in order for an individual to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job:
Education, Experience and Certifications:
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications required.
- Group Exercise industry recognized certification and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA, NASM) industry recognized certification required.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and PPT.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
HealthFitness is an award-winning provider of comprehensive health, fitness and condition management services for employees and individuals. We are dedicated to supporting, maintaining and enhancing employee health. HealthFitness offers on-site, telephonic and Web-based workplace population programs that help improve employee health and fitness along the continuum of care. We bring more than 35 years’ experience to Fortune 1000 clients, the health care industry, and individual consumers. HealthFitness works in partnership with employers to manage their health care costs and to create a culture of health that supports employees’ personal health goals. We are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people we serve. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.hfit.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The success of HealthFitness is dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, HealthFitness’ commitment to our associates is exemplified by one of the best combined compensation and benefits packages in the industry. If you are interested in a career with HealthFitness, please apply directly at:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096. For more information on HealthFitness, please visit our website www.hfit.com.
Sign up for our weekly job alert emails so you never miss a job opportunity:
Please mention that you heard about this position through the national Job Finder Service located at www.phfr.com
Premier Health & Fitness Resources - 2 years ago