Summary : Position performs all required pharmaceutical work under the direction of the Pharmacist-In-Charge ensuring compliance with State and Federal Regulations. Dispenses and orders drugs. Assists in planning, coordination and execution of Pharmacy work load and operations. May supervise pharmacy technician. Requires alternating after hour call.
- Thorough knowledge of IV and chemotherapy preparation.
- Dispensing and accountability for controlled substances, drugs, chemicals, pharmaceutical supplies.
- Fills/checks and labels all drugs and containers dispensed from pharmacy.
- Inspects pharmaceutical supplies.
- Maintains approved floor stock and emergency drugs.
- Monitors all controlled drugs and maintains a perpetual inventory of controlled substances.
- Communicates pharmaceutical information to physicians, nurses and patients if requested.
- Enters and maintains computerized, patient profiles, medication charges and inventories.
- Maintains adequate control over the request for and dispensing of all drugs and supplies.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with automated dispensing cabinets. Ability to plan and organize work assignments and projects. Ability to interact with all levels of staff. Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Minimum two(2) years experience as a hospital pharmacist.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Hospital experience in sterile processing procedures.
- Familiarity with < 797> and TJC Standards.
- Must possess a current valid South Carolina Pharmacist License.
The GEO Group, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...