Responsible for the examination and analysis of cost data and commercial customer requirements as they pertain to labor, materials, equipment and other elements of Government Requests for Proposals and Invitations for bid. Develops cost data and makes recommendations on methods, procedures and techniques to be used in cost proposal preparation. Ensure adequate pricing in compliance with the Estimating System Manual, Government regulations and guidelines. Assists other personnel in developing cost strategies, analyzing competitive proposals and performs analysis of contracts of other firms. Participates in the preparation and presentation of proposal cost data to Senior Management.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Reviews Government Request for Proposals (RFP) and Invitations for Bid (IFB) to determine general and specific cost requirements and ensures proposals comply with all requirements.
2. Develops formats for cost proposal data to comply with Government and commercial customer requirements and the Corporate Estimating Manual in hard copy and for computer disk submission in software such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
3. Receives pricing data, and makes recommendations on methods, procedures and techniques for pricing proposals. Develops pricing models and templates.
4. Examines and analyzes cost data relevant to labor, materials, supplies, parts, equipment and other expenditures.
5. Analyzes contracts for relevant cost data, trends, historical data, work categories and other related information.
6. Secures indirect rates from the Corporate Controller’s Department to be priced, i.e., Payroll Charges, Overhead, G&A.
7. Participates in strategy meetings and provides input on cost related matters as required, including cost strategy for initial proposal and subsequent revisions.
8. Participates in the development of detailed cost rationale and retains backup information to support bid.
9. Maintains records and files to support cost data submissions.
10. Prepares Bid Fact Sheet financial input to include cash flow and internal rate of return analysis for all proposals.
11. Ensures price proposals are prepared in accordance with FAR, CAS applicable laws and regulations and Corporate Disclosure Statement. Supports DCAA audits as applicable
12. Assists the Director of Estimating and Pricing to ensure the accuracy of the Estimating System Manual.
13. Prepare pricing presentations to Senior Management
14. Prepares Bid opportunity cost estimates for Business Operations Directors.
15. Collects statistical data regarding Proposal Costs and Efficiency.
16. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printer, copy machine and other general office equipment
Works in a general office environment
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Master degree and four years experience or Bachelors degree and six to eight years experience.
Four to eight years of experience in cost proposal work of a similar nature. Must possess an understanding of techniques and procedures used in development of cost proposals, and must be capable of independent judgment and operation. Experience in working with Government Contracts to include Department of Labor cost related regulations and directives. Must be proficient in personal computer skills and be able to work in both spreadsheet and word processing software. Clearance Level Required at Start Date Secret Work Status Full-Time