1. Coordinates production with sales & Budgeted volume projections
By working with the plant and production leader to plan production to match projected volumes and oversee the procurment of whey from the cheese supplier to keep production on schedule.
2. Ensure the highest quality possible
By monitoring the balance between production efficiency and maintaining high quality whey products that minimizes defective products.
3. Maximizes efficiency
By directing the WPC plant to ensure that production and support services are rendered in a timely, reliable and consistent fashion. Focuses on ensuring that recoveries and product yields are maximized while the quality of all products produced are the highest level possible.
4. Ensures plant financial goals
By helping in developing and managing the financial plan for the facility including the operating budget and overseeing that operations take place in the most cost effective manner in the WPC plant.
5. Continually seeks ways to improve the financial and technical performance of the facility
By evaluating the performance of the operation on all levels and working closely with the plant manager and department leaders to focus on productivity and plant staffing levels that will maximize production levels while maintaining high quality standards.
6. Insists that safe work practices are followed
by recommending suggestions for improvement and having personal active involvemet in the plant safety effort.
7. Analyze and Evaluate employee performance
By working closely with human resources and the whey plant leaders in the development of employee evaluations and assisting in identifying and recommending training needs for plant personnel.
8. Maintains and develops good working relationships in the plant
By developing communication channels throughout both WPC and permeate plants and beyond.
9. Supports and enforces the efforts and policies of the Quality control department
By being aware of and adhering to all GMP, santiation and QC policies when in the plant and making recommendations, changes and suggestions to GMPs and QC policies.
10. Participate in plant meetings as necessary
By attending meetings to include management meetings, departmental meetings etc.
11. Maintains safe and clean working environmant
By complying with procedures, rules, and regulations and overseeing the safety of all staff and visitors.
12. Complies with confidentiality agreements
By upholding all rules pertaining to information regarding Group-Lactalis products and recipes.
13. Ensures company compliance with all regulatory agencies
by overseeing conformity to maintain USDA & DEQ compliance & relations with regulatory agencies.
14. Aid in overall plant efficiency
by performing other tasks as assigned by the plant manager.
15. Perform and understand lab duties
By working with the lab leaders to watch results understand all testing and challange when needed.
16. Understand and manage membranes
By understand hydraulics and the cleaning concepts in the UF membranes. Also control the changing and ordering of them with accordance to budget.
17. Understand and Maintain drying system
By understand hydraulics on the WPC drying equipment and the physicochemical characteristics
that support WPC in relationship to a finished
18. Ensure utilitys are managed
By measuring all energy that produces the whey
products to manage what is most effective to
run the plant to be productive.
19. Perform the duties of the Permeate Production Manager or Plant Manager .
By handling their responsibilities and maintain efficient plant production in their absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Bachelor's degree in dairy manufacturing/ or food science.
2. 5-7 years dairy manufacturing or related experience preferred.
3. Attention to detail and accuracy in work required.
4. Personal qualities of tact and dependability and the ability to work well with others required.
5. Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
6. Ability to use software and apply it.