Requires a high school diploma or a GED and two years of work experience providing direct care to children or adults with behavioral health disorders. Requires a valid driver’s license and must pass a background check.
Preference will be given to applicants who have experience working with families, especially those families who have experienced issues with mental health and/or substance use issues. Preference will also be given to those who have worked with youth who have experienced mental health and/or substance use issues. Applicants who have experience providing services to families in the community versus within an agency setting is also highly desirable. Application Procedures:
For More Information, Accommodation or Assistance Contact: Sandy Thompson
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950) . Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employing Unit: West Central Human Service Center
Section: Specialized Child/Family Services Unit
Telephone Number: 701-328-8888 or 328-8788
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Duties of this position will include assisting individuals in performing routine daily living activities as they relate to parenting. This may include assisting with transportation arrangements, coordination of appointments, identifying age appropriate expectations/discipline for the children in the home, and serving as an advocate for the family. This position will assist individuals in becoming independent and self- reliant. This position requires non-traditional work hours, including evening work and travel.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits, including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/benefits.aspx .
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.