Senior Representative - Accounts Payable - 087900
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Provides services support to customers for all major financial applications. Works closely with management and customers on a wide range of financial issues to find solutions and solve problems in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Reviews, edits, codes, batches and enters volume Accounts Payable, Contract Administration, Payroll or Credit related transactions using a PC.
· Performs transactions in multiple ERPs / financial systems
· Makes necessary corrections to financial applications by using exception reports and on-line screens.
· Handles internal and external customers inquires, regarding status of payments, bookings, paychecks, labor, account set-up and maintenance. Resolutions require detailed knowledge of applicable financial systems.
· Responds to customer calls by processing costs, payroll adjustments and/or researches transactions initiated by customers.
· Invoices customers, pays suppliers, and processes payrolls per contract terms and conditions, and completes new account set-ups and maintenance, ensuring accuracy and that all associated documents are properly completed, processed and mailed, in a timely manner.
· Follows established procedures and guidelines, sets-up and maintains 3rd party customer accounts, suppliers, or employee information.
· Responsible for specific account reconciliation, detailed intercompany reporting and processing, contract exception reporting, performs initial review and analysis of credit applications for new customers, verification of credit references and processes waivers.
· Audits activity reports and identifies and hi-lights financial trends that require further analysis and bring to the attention of the supervisor.
· Analyzes and resolves unusual problems by determining alternate solutions and providing insights to financial processes. Improves the work flow process.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education (technical and/or commercial):
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications preferred
Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in Financial Transaction environment preferred
· Demonstrated personal commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
· Advanced working knowledge of accounting practices and theories.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· Independent problem solving.
· Advanced PC skills, and applications.
· Flexible, manage multiple tasks at a time (interruptions, phone calls).
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced customer driven environment.
· Enjoys working with people.
· Mentoring and training new associates.
Johnson Controls - 19 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...