Daptiv Sales Engineer
Daptiv Solutions, LLC is a growing leader in the SaaS PPM market, recognized by Gartner, Forrester, and IDC. As a Sales Engineer, r eporting to the Sales Engineering Manager, you will join our team of highly skilled sales engineers and use your expertise to assist the Daptiv sales team in planning and supporting the sale of Daptiv PPM and related services in a highly collaborative and consultative manner. The Daptiv sales focus is on Project Portfolio Management solution sales and the full complement of Professional Services necessary to ensure the success of each customer’s use of Daptiv PPM. This position will focus on supporting Eastern U.S. and European Sales teams. You will participate in remote and on premise presentations and demonstrations, help sales AEs and prospects plan business process improvements, complete RFI/RFP’s, respond to technical sales inquiries, build out demonstration environments, and champion the Daptiv cause in a variety of customer facing PPM sales scenarios.
Successful applicant needs to understand PPM business processes and value propositions, the PPM marketplace, project management and PPM competitive positioning.
- Business process interpretation – understands client business needs and how to design business processes and methodologies and then map those to Daptiv PPM solutions.
- Understand and be able to communicate and answer questions about the product architecture, business process, solutions focus, security, recoverability, integration, reporting and related product capabilities.
- Identify customer requirements and provide feedback into appropriate product business groups at Daptiv
- Assist the sales team with technical product demonstrations, customer meetings and account strategy.
- Create and maintain robust demo environments for use by the sales team, product management, marketing and others.
- Create reports and dashboards using our integrated Work Intelligence capability (powered by IBM Cognos)
- Respond to RFI’s and RFP’s when appropriate.
- Become knowledgeable in several different vertical markets and processes (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, IT Governance, Six Sigma, and Value Management, HealthCare, Pharma, etc.).
- Be able to consultatively sell Daptiv solutions to customers.
- Occasionally participate in trade events.
- Travel up to 25%.
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate the advantages of Daptiv’s technology to senior decision makers.
- In depth knowledge of project management, PPM, PMO processes, including governance, portfolio and project risk management, project valuation and selection is valuable.
- A self-starter with passion and drive to evangelize PPM to all levels or an audience from practitioners to CIOs.
- Flexibility to thrive in a change oriented environment and able to overcome obstacles and inevitable ‘bumps-in-the-road’.
- Strong technical background with 8+ years working in sales, pre-sales or an appropriate consulting role. Experience with PPM applications is highly beneficial.
- Experience in report authoring in various BI tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project Desktop or another project scheduling tool.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing, Application Server and Web Server technology is a plus.
- Experience with team collaboration, project management and workflow technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with data integration (APIs, web services) and / or internet application security is a plus.
- Project/Program Management experience and knowledge of popular methods and best practices.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, or a related field is preferred.