Sr System Validation Engineer
This position is part of the post-silicon team that is focused on bringing the leading edge Intel Atom(TM) processors to market. Configured in state of the art SoCs, the Atom emphasis is to enable an incredible user experience with highly integrated functionality while driving the industry with longer battery life. As part of the Center of Excellence for Atom development, this team is located in Austin, TX.
You will be responsible for driving the resolution of Low Power Atom SoCs, silicon and Mobile devices issues which includes root causing the failure and working closely with SoC, platform, software and hardware team and formally documenting the resolutions. You must be able to develop relationships and work cross-functionally with other team members, including HW, SW, compiler and driver teams. Self-motivation and problem solving are valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions. You will need to provide internal and/or external customer support through TMEs.
System Validation Engineer: Creates, defines and develops system validation environment and test suites. Uses and applies emulation and platform-level tools and techniques to ensure performance to spec. Responsible for the development of methodologies, execution of validation plans, and debug of failures. Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with Architecture, Design, and Pre-silicon Validation teams in improving post-silicon test content and providing feedback for future on-die debug features.
You must possess the above minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
- Must have a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- At the Masters level, minimum 4 years of experience with low power SoC/System level (Mobile devices) debug and customer support and/or Pre-/Post Silicon validation
- At the Bachelors level, a minimum of 5 years of experience with low power SoC/System level (Mobile devices) debug and customer support and/or Pre-/Post Silicon validation
- For either degree:
- Minimum 4 years of experience with customer support
- Minimum 4 years of experience in silicon and system debug including the following:
- CPU and Computer architecture and good understanding of Low Power Management of SOCs and systems
- Standard protocols such as PCI, Storage(SD/eMMC/UFS), USB2/USB3, AHB, Serial(I2C/SSP), LPDDR2/3
- Programming and/or Scripting languages (i.e., RTL, Verilog, Perl, Python, C++ and/or C#)
- Board schematics and layout - ability to read and troubleshoot
- Scopes, Logic Analyzers and function generator usage in debug
- 3+ years of experience in at least one of the following:
- Low Power SOC Design
- Design of mobile device platforms (smartphones/tablets)
- Design for Debug Validation
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software debug
Mar 19, 2013
Mar 20, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Atom(TM) and SoC Development Group
Employees in Intel's Atom(TM) and SoC Development Group design and implement the Intel mobile technology used in notebooks, netbooks, nettops, phones, ultra-mobile PCs and other portable devices. Intel's industry leading technology includes processors, System-on-Chips (SoCs), Enhanced Data for GSM Environment (EDGE), Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS), High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), Wi-Fi and WiMAX wireless radios. These technologies are driving the new mobile era of semiconductors, where people will carry their computing with them, making it truly personal. This group is growing very quickly, and has the broadest set of mobile and wireless technologies in the industry. The group developed and is producing the Intel Atom (TM) processor and several related products.
Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to Austin.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...