Responsible for architecting, designing, selecting, implementing, supporting, maintaining and upgrading of the hardware and software of server and storage systems. Applies the necessary technical expertise to adequately sustain and implement server systems while communicating with peers, customers and leadership
- Collaborates and communicates with peers, customers and leaders of the health, capacity, patch level and overall status of systems.
- Architects and designs server systems to meet business and technical requirements.
- Recommends and develops technical roadmaps.
- Provides technical recommendations and solutions for how to meet business problems.
- Applies patches and upgrades for systems; performs system checkout and verification of change.
- Develops technology standards and automated system processes.
- Leads outage and incidents with multiple technology partners and participants.
- Implements new systems and retires older equipment.
- Develops and follows change management documentation including back out plans.
- Documents system changes through change management, team process and procedures, configuration management databases and system diagrams.
- Collaborates and communicates with other IT groups to stay informed of changes and developments that may impact the production, QA, and development systems.
- Assists in establishing performance metrics and measurement and reporting of established metrics.
- Provides level 2 or 3 support.
- Writes technical specifications for purchase of hardware and systems software.
- Makes recommendations for software/hardware based on research in support of procurement efforts, when appropriate.
- Builds servers and new system implementation.
- Troubleshoots network, storage, server, cabling, database, operating system and application elements of a system.
- Acts as a liaison and advocates for systems and the tools, processes, and procedures necessary throughout the lifecycle of technology.
- Administers and implements security processes and procedures.
- Monitors the performance and availability of systems.
- Documents and recommends policies, procedures and systems architecture
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Average manual dexterity work in use of a PC, phone, sorting, filing and other office machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and fluently in English.
- Travel as needed to remote office locations for training, implementation, and/or planning
- Ability to analyze information and use logic and process to address work-related issues and problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot with a group and be an active participant during large technology conversations.
- Ability to be careful and thorough about detail.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure and deadline oriented project demands as well as manage multiple initiatives.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to organize well.
- Ability to perform oral presentations with good quality.
- Ability to perform well in team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot existing applications.
- Ability to think critically and work independently to meet objectives.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy and Security rules.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- BS/BA Computer Science, Information Management or related degree or an additional 2 years of experience
- 5 yrs System Administration experience in a Linux environment
- 5 yrs experience with backup software and methodologies
- 3 yrs of enterprise IT tools and enterprise IT team experience
- 3 yr of system documentation experience
- Demonstrated server/hardware experience with HP, IBM, and/or Dell products
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux or Unix operating systems
- Basic knowledge of networking and TCP/IP
HMS - 22 months ago