Concentra is currently recruiting PRN Physician Assistants to work "as needed" for Concentra in the Denver market. - This position will be seeing both outpatient Occ Med and Urgent Care patients.
Part Time Concentra Physicians, PA's, and NP's diagnose and treat work related injuries, and perform pre-placement, DOT, public safety, and surveillance physical examinations for varied private companies and governmental agencies. Clinicians with primary care and urgent care experience and good communication skills are encouraged to apply, and learn more about the exciting and satisfying field of occupational medicine at Concentra. Center hours are regular, and are scheduled. Competitive salary and benefit package.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examines patient, compiles patient medical data and results of examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
- Compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Assists in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting medical practice judgment and quality of occupational health care.
- Assists in the development and presentation of education and instructional programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Skilled in the treatment of minor trauma injuries and orthopedic injuries.
- Knowledge of techniques and information needed to diagnose and treat human injuries.
- Therapy and counseling knowledge.
- Human behavior and performance knowledge.
- Customer and personal service knowledge including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Critical thinking.
- Problem sensitivity.
- Information ordering.
- Near vision.
- Inductive reasoning.
- Arm-Hand steadiness.
- Speech clarity.
- Judgment and decision making.
- Active learning.
- Education and training.
- Speaking to effectively convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers.
- Instructing skills to teach others.
- Reading comprehension.
- Monitoring of self, other individuals to take corrective action.
- Social perceptiveness.
- Active listening.
- Service orientation.
- Documenting and recording information.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner program.
- 0 – 2 years clinical experience in a primary care specialty and/or occupational medicine clinic.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra Inc. - 16 months ago
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...