Junior Designer, UI / UX & Graphic Design (Mobile & Web)
Senior Designer, UI / UX & Graphic Design (Mobile & Web)
Salary dependent on experience.
Metrik is a full-service, multidisciplinary design studio looking for a motivated designer who is eager to work on all phases of the design process. Our studio is suitable for a designer who likes to work as part of a small team (4-6 people) in a non-corporate environment. Our clientele and projects are diverse and we offer a great opportunity for a designer to have hands-on experience from ideation through to execution.
- 1 to 5 years (Jr) or 4 years (Sr) previous experience as a freelancer and/or in a design office
- Strong Visual/Graphic Design education and portfolio with an understanding of UI/UX
- Understanding of design in all mediums; from websites and mobile, to branding identity
- Knowledgeable about designing for the web (mobile a plus!)
- Display of a strong development process - thumbnail sketching, wireframes, comps etc.
- Able to work independently with or without direction
- Ability to clearly articulate the presentation of ideas
- Efficient and savvy with: Adobe CS5 (mostly AI, Dreamweaver or HTML editors)
- Detail oriented thinker able to think on the fly from big picture to minute details
- Ability to multi‐task several projects each day
- Support general needs of the studio
- Help brainstorm, execute and be responsible for projects from concept through to completion
- Creatively problem solve small details to the big picture
- Take direction as much as offering solutions
- Solid academic background in design or a related field
- Front-end coding skills in HTML/CSS with basic understanding of Jquery.
- Great interpersonal skills from telephone conversations to in-person meetings
- Other media skills, i.e. video editing or animation experience
Behance - 9 months ago