We are recruiting for a Mainframe Console Operator on 1st Shift in our National Technology and Conference Center in Boca Raton, Florida . This is a full-time employee opportunity, with benefits that start on the first day of employment.
Please note: 1) For foreign nationals authorized to work, we will not be offering sponsorship to obtain or maintain work authorization. 2) Candidates must live within a reasonable distance of Boca Raton, FL, or be willing to relocate at their own expense. No relocation assistance will be offered for this job opportunity.
MUTUAL OF AMERICA is a financial services company, headquartered in New York City, with over $16 billion in assets, celebrating over 65 years in business. Since 1945, Americans have turned to Mutual of America to help plan for their retirement and meet their long-term financial objectives. Today, as in the past, Mutual of America remains financially strong and continues to be rated among the strongest life insurance companies in the industry by the major independent rating agencies: Fitch (AA-, Very Strong), Standard & Poor's (AA-, Very Strong) and A.M. Best Co. (A+, Superior).
Mutual of America has emerged not only as an industry leader in providing personal service, but as a Company that unwaveringly stands by our commitments to our customers, our employees, and the larger community in which we live. From our investment philosophy to our dedication to providing personal service, our Mission is to help individuals preserve and grow their assets for their future financial security.
- Optimizes workload by initiating prioritizing priorities and scheduling work in conjunction with the Shift Manger, Shift Supervisor or Lead Operator, as well as designated production PC/LAN systems.
- Provides on-line network support to include network monitoring and inclusive of production PC,LAN, Client/Server and IVR systems, line tracing and problem resolution.
- Initiates response to problem situations as revealed at the console. Resolves problems independently and at the direction of Shift Manager, Shift Supervisor or Lead Operator. Logs problem history.
- Takes responsibility for the quantity and quality of computer output and tape library management.
- Assists in training junior team members in console operation and system messages along with other duties as assigned.
Compensation: Base salary range of $30K to $35K, plus overtime, plus annual bonus potential targeted at 15%, with potential up to 22.5% of salary.
Benefits: Start on first day of employment. Medical/Dental/Vision; Flexible Spending Accounts; Defined Benefit Pension Plan; 401(k) Savings Plan w/company match; Life Insurance; 18 vacation days annually; 9 company-paid holidays and more!
Visit: www.mutualofamerica.com to learn more about our company.
- 5 years of mainframe console operation experience in a Z/OS, CICS, DB2 environment.
- Experience with Netview, TSO and TMON.
- PC Skills required along with ability to monitor the Client/Server environment.
- Must be available for shift work; overtime, evenings and weekends as required.
- Job tasks require substantial walking, standing and lifting of up to approximately 50 pounds.
- Must possess physical capabilities and stamina to perform above mentioned tasks.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
CareerBuilder - 6 months ago
Mutual of America Life Insurance provides retirement savings and employee benefit plans to small to midsized companies and to not-for-profit...