Are you an adaptable, agile thinker who enjoys a technical challenge? Do you thrive on seeing results? Do you know virtualization stacks inside out and backwards?
Join our team as we dig deep into KVM and VMWare performance and optimization.
Required skills and experience:
- Project work focusing on transitioning from one virtualization platform to another with zero downtime
- Ensuring deep monitoring and timely alerting to proactively notify the NOC of problems
- Providing automation to simplify daily, routine tasks
- Writing clear and concise documentation to support the NOC and other support groups
- Training and mentoring junior staff to improve their ability to support the environment
Desired skills and experience:
- Demonstrable skills and 5+ years’ experience managing, troubleshooting, and tuning Linux systems
- Experience with CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and creating RPM packages.
- Experience with VMware vSphere, ESX / ESXi, and vCenter
- Experience with OpenStack or KVM virtualization technologies
- Hands-on experience with Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Solid experience working using Puppet for configuration management
- Expert understanding of industry-standard foundation technologies such as DNS, SMTP, NTP, LDAP, and NFS
- Experience managing a large distributed computing environment (1000+ systems)
- Experience with industry-standard operational practices such as change management, incident management, and working in colocation data centers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience operating production Internet-facing services for large enterprise customers
- Experience managing multi-tier web services using technologies such as Apache web server or Tomcat, Java applications, and MySQL
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems such as Nagios
- Experience with public cloud providers such as Amazon EC2 or Rackspace Cloud
Proofpoint - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard