Works under the direct supervision of the Lead Systems Analyst for Web Development to administer the development, maintenance and revision activities related to web site development.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
EEOC CODE: 20
GRADE: 52 Minimum Qualifications Three (3) year's experience in system/program development of which two (2) years must be in Web Site Development and graduation from an accredited Technical College with a Degree in Computer Science, Data Processing, or closely related field; or equivalent combination of experience, education or training.
(PROOF OF EDUCATION AND OR TRAINING WILL BE REQUIRED)
Special Requirements Duties and Responsibilities I. Designs, builds and maintains web pages under the direction of the Web Developer Senior.
2. Ensures designated web site contents are up to date and consistent with Shelby County standards and guidelines.
3. Provides users and management with advice and technical information to improve website layout and design.
4. Integrates data and systems through use of JDBC, ODBC or other acceptable methods.
5. Assists in the development of specifications for web applications.
6. Participates in the establishment of web standards and procedures.
7. Assists in developing and maintaining documentation and training materials.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Working knowledge of Web site design, content layout and development techniques.
2. Working knowledge of at least one of the following: Webspher, BEA Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, Geronimo, Glassfish.
3. Working knowledge of JAVA, CSS, Java Script, J2EE and HTML.
4. Working knowledge of JDBC or ODBC.
5. Knowledge of Eclipse, AJAX, SOA, XML, SOAP and REST a plus.
6. Ability to work with and communicate technical information to users.
7. Demonstrated skills in development of Web sites/pages using one or more programming languages.
8. Knowledge of Internet protocol TCP/IP.
9. Skilled in troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving web browser and development tool anomalies.
10. Analytical skills to initiate development of clear and concise specifications, documentation and procedures.
11. Working knowledge of project management and scheduling.
12. Ability to coordinate and complete multiple projects in a deadline oriented work environment.
13. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team to compete projects by required deadlines.
14. Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills in all work efforts with customers, management and co-workers.
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 2 years ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...