SAP BASIS DBA - Bath, ME or remote
Data and Databases
Remote Work Authorized
Apr 5, 2013, 1:57:13 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Defines, designs and builds dimensional databases to meet business needs.
- Assists in the application and implementation procedures of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, coding structures and data replication to ensure access to, and integrity of data sets.
- Conducts data cleaning to rid the system of old, unused data, or duplicate data for better management and quicker access.
- Researches, coordinates and installs software releases and database integration to ensure that client specifications and guidelines are met.
- Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analysis, while maintaining integrity and confidentiality of information.
- Develops and implements strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data warehouse designs to ensure that business needs are met.
- Utilizes core processes consistently to ensure that service impacts, including, but not exclusive to problem ticketing, change management, etc. are minimal or non-existent.
- Provides data consulting in support of business and information technology initiatives to clients to improve client database systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in data analysis or computer programming
- Experience working with industry standards, regulations and guidelines in database warehousing and other relevant systems
- Experience working with company hardware and software products to make sound financial recommendations
- Experience working with information security practices and available security software packages
- Experience working with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
- Experience working with relational databases
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- 5 + years Oracle DBA knowledge WMS knowledge SAP ABAP
- SAP project experience in ECC 6.0 environment
- Good understanding of VMWare, Linux, AIX and Windows administration
- Experience in ECC 6.0 environment and experience working in earlier versions (4.7 or later) preferred
- U.S. Citizen
- On-site Bath, ME
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers and management
- Good skills in data administration, design and architecture
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel
CSC - 22 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...