- Process referrals by faxing to the appropriate provider/facility.
- Contact the referring healthcare provider for any referral returned that requires additional or amplifying information to obtain the information and continue with the referral process.
- Administratively review all incoming CLR’s for patient demographic information and legibility of report and then post the report to the patient’s electronic medical record (AHLTA).
- Contact the civilian physician’s office and request an acceptable report.
- Will initiate “chaser” procedures for delinquent CLR reports.
- Contact TRICARE civilian network provider offices to obtain missing reports if there is no evidence that the consult has been fulfilled or contact the patient to advise them of the status of their referral and to determine their intent with respect to the referral.
- Annotate all patient conversations in the patient file and notify the provider who ordered the consult that it has not been completed.
< CHCS, and RMSTR program.
Must be able to type 40 words per minute and possess excellent customer service skills.
Must be able to obtain a National Agency Check at the NACLC level.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of automated data processing systems with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of AHLTA