eBay Search Engine Operations is looking for a New Grad Unix Systems Engineer with a passion for solving complex and interesting problems. The highly motivated individual needs to be an independent and initiative seeking.
- Be part of a team responsible for scalability and reliability of eBay's search engine.
- Automate repeating tasks
- Act as a key member (support/consultant/lead) on various site projects
- Assist in troubleshooting site issues
- Individual is required to perform on-call duty on a rotational basis
- RedHat/CentOS/Ubuntu and Solaris deployment automation and package management
- Proficiency with common Unix System administration tools
- Working expertise with one or more scripting language (Perl, Unix shell, Python) and version control such as Git.
- End-user and configuration experience with Network Management and Enterprise Monitoring tools, especially within a network operations center environment
- Knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Cfengine is desirable
- Experience building tools to interface with SOAP/REST APIs considered a plus
- Basic knowledge of common applications and technologies in Internet computing (web servers, proxies, load balancers, etc)
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of a multi-tiered and distributed web site
- Exhibit procedural and architectural documentation skills
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers, customers and management
BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree
eBay - 23 months ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...