Dell is looking for Test Engineers who will be responsible for executing and ensuring that Dell ships quality storage products. Past experience testing or utilizing iSCSI, Fibre Channel, SAS and RAID solutions is strongly desired to be a candidate for this role. You will work in a fast paced environment with an experienced and highly technical team of Dell engineers to solve a wide variety of unique and fascinating problems.
The successful candidate will be technically savvy, have deep QA understanding of process and approaches and will comprehend current technology trends. The candidate must have an attention for detail and be able to articulate and communicate with a great level of proficiency through written and verbal communication.
- Execute complex system level test plans (stress, scalability, use case, longevity)
- Identify and document functional and usability issues
- Setup and administer test lab equipment
- Document test procedures and outcomes of tests defined
- Interact with leads, management and developers discussing issues and possible product deficiencies.
- Will work with QA leads to review test plans, test strategies and test cases to ensure complete test coverage
- Will work with QA leads to provide detailed weekly status reports
- Will work with the automation team to identify and create tools to improve execution.
- Will recommend process improvements to the team to close holes and ensure quality.
- Will continually look for best practices that can improve Dell’s approach to quality.
- Will report to QA management and take on mission critical assignments as needed.
- Driven to deliver quality to Dell’s customers
Not required but a strong plus:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a QA role preferred
- Minimum of 4 years industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of RAID, iSCSI, SAS and Fibre Channel preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows (2003, 2008, etc.) and Linux (RHEL, SUSE, etc.) environments
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Working knowledge of NFS, CIFS, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel and associated environments highly desired
- Working knowledge of computer networking
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Recent coding background in Python, C/C++, Java or C#
- Recent experience with MS SQL Server, MS Exchange, My SQL, MS Data Protection Manager, Oracle 10G/11G
Life At Dell
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...