Responsible to perform manufacturing production schedules activities in the assembly lines according to FSOW and other tools. Will be liaison between plant and customers; therefore will channel data on their demands, forecasts and requirements to Materials Manager, and overall management.
- Perform daily schedule for production lines according to established plan.
- Translate schedules to MES according to established guidelines.
- Communicate across multiple departments’ materials/equipment needs in order to achieve on time problem resolution.
- Assist in the FSOW, RM and RK updates, as well as any other to pull customer demands and/or requirements.
- Participate as needed in daily Materials’ GEMBA.
- Assist in G14M metric and assist all other customer related requests. Work to maintain overall response time to customers below the 4 hours allowed time frame; ideally 100% of the time, even though requirement is above 98%.
- Work with material owners to ensure material availability meets customer expectations. Coordinate returned FG material depletion, and also work to minimize internal QC holds.
- Maintain (track and monitor) weekly metrics reports to inform Management delivery performance on targets; i.e. schedule attainment, material promise kept etc.
- Maintain MES system adequately to ensure supplier parameters accuracy, and meet plant’s inventory targets.
- Drive MES execution: TPOP, Warehouse functionality and/or Production Scheduling, and comply to with their respective metrics.
- Engage in all new MES enhancements; support distribution/implementation to plant as needed.
- Adherence to all EHS practices & procedures. Maintain world-class housekeeping at respective working area.
- Responsible for daily update of demand filter and Grainger reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree on Industrial Engineering or Materials Administration degree.
- Minimum of 6 months in current position.
- Materials/Supply Chain knowledge & a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong time management and organization skills required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Fluent English and Spanish (verbal & written).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strategic thinker, results oriented and exceptional energy and drive.
- Proven teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge in MES, GE 1-Stop and Business Objects.
- Good working habits: punctual & good assistance record; comply with company working policies & procedures.
Apply to job
- Green Belt Certified – preferred.
- APICS Certified – preferred.
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 2 years ago
GE Energy Management is helping solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions for...