McKean Defense Group, a mission-focused strategic partner in Naval Engineering and Information Technology, is constantly pursuing technical growth and market diversification to increase value for its customers and opportunity for its employees. Our engineers, analysts, and programmers are currently providing innovative technical solutions in naval engineering, national security, and logistics programs across the nation and around the world. McKean Defense Group has an opening for an ILS Analyst NAVSEA in Washington, DC in support of the United States Navy.
The ideal candidate brings a passion for supporting the management of naval strategic programs that are critical to ensuring the defense of the nation. They will possess a track record of rapid, effective execution of initiatives providing significant value.
Responsible for providing data integration support for the Mobile Landing Platform (MLP) Program Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) products. Provides functional analyses of logistics data records, technical documentation and equipment/system configuration information to determine comprehensiveness and accuracy.
Responsibilities also include assisting the Project Manager with the following:
- Collects data and conducts detailed analyses and evaluation of systems and equipment for maintainability, supportability, maintenance requirements, transportability, life cycle cost and design to cost. Identifies potential risk and problem areas and may provide recommended solutions.
- Investigates and resolves ILS product data discrepancies
- Supports the logistics support team preparing logistics documentation that establishes the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked.
- Performs reconciliation of shipboard equipment validation discrepancies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred
- Four or more years of logistics engineering experience
- Experience working with engineering, supply and configuration management processes with respect to logistics
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn and progress in the logistics engineering field
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Comprehension skills for understanding needs
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills for conducting analysis
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skill
- Interpersonal skills for communicating with business unit personnel
- Basic time management and organizational skills