The Management Supervisor is responsible for the management of specified client relationships/businesses (retainer or project based), the development of strategic plans, the write-ups of concepts and proposals, the presentation of ideas, the development of tactical plans and program execution.
- The Management Supervisor strives to add value to the client’s business, thereby making himself/herself an invaluable member/partner of the client’s business team.
- Depending on the size and scope of the client business, the Management Supervisormay also have the ultimate responsibility for the day-to-day client management and implementation of programs and initiatives, as well as profitably managing and building the client’s business.
The responsibilities for the Management Supervisor fall into 3 main categories:
o Ensure service levels and tactics are keeping with strategic goals
- Account Management
- Develop account management strategies for all assigned accounts
- Formulate account specific service tactics, utilizing team orientation
- Manage the team’s account service effort
o Monitor and direct expansion of account relationships
o Develop the account relationships for long-term association
o Coordinate with all account team members, and production and creative departments
Management Supervisor (cont’d)
- Service accounts personally and directly, updating and including Account Director or Group Director when appropriate
- Acquire client assignments. Define, clarify and focus direction.
- Build the knowledge base within the agency of the client’s business.
- Participate in the development of any long-term account or related industry strategy.
- Add value, expertise and knowledge.
- Develop client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Proactively grow client business.
o Write or direct the writing of creative options and/or execution plans
- Project Management
- Develop, investigate and initiate project opportunities.
- Communicate the client request to the appropriate agency departments and individuals. Develop a close and effective working relationship with the creative and production teams.
- Establish the timing and budget.
- Ensure high levels of accuracy across all aspects of the business.
- Shape concepts into programs.
o Coordinate creative efforts
Successful Management Supervisors lead in these areas:
- Participate in all assigned account presentations.
- Follow-up and where needed, act directly to ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide continuous contact communication with the client, across appropriate levels, as well as with internal management.
- Evaluate product quality on an ongoing basis.
- Financial Management
- Responsible for the financial contributions of client business including revenue, resource allocation/expenses, invoicing, margin improvement
- Coordinate project estimates internally and gain client approval pricing
- Manage internal project costs against budgets
Management Supervisor (cont’d)
- Strategic Thinking – The Management Supervisor provides insights and strategic direction for individual teams, giving parameters from which to approach assignments and develop strategic plans and a point of view/recommendations, using analytic skills and all available data tools. The Management Supervisor fosters the organization’s point-of-difference as leaders in strategic thinking and out-of-the-box problem solving in relation to the industry and client’s expectations.
- Concept Champion – Lead the concept development component within the group and to champion ideas, approaches and opportunities both internally and with clients. The Management Supervisor needs to challenge the team to think differently about their respective businesses and to provide the ability to work with the team to identify, cultivate and fully develop sound concepts that meet/exceed the business and client’s objectives.
The Management Supervisor is a Manager that works to develop subordinates, tailoring growth plans and objectives according to their individual strengths and weaknesses to build the agency’s future leaders. Inspire, challenge and lead by example.
- Team Leaders – Bring resources together to collectively work against a client’s business objective. They must be strong team builders who foster camaraderie in a positive, nurturing environment. The Management Supervisor coaches, mentors and teaches as they demonstrate the ability to grow businesses and careers.
(and such other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time)
About Alliance Data:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- a minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- The ability to drive and/or assist in the steps necessary to get various programs launched. Possess strong strategic planning, project management, communication and executional skills.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrate understanding of the essentials of marketing and can drive and/or assist in the steps necessary to get a program/merchandising program in the field
- The ability to drive and/or assist in the steps necessary to get various programs launched
- The ability to interface and communicate with the client
- The ability to meet or exceed client expectations in the area of account management, industry/category/brand knowledge with a good understanding of industry channels and market conditions
- Should have high standards, a strong work ethic and be able to function autonomously, while retaining team membership and spirit.
- Thorough and accurate communication ability
Alliance Data® (NYSE: ADS) and its combined businesses is North America’s largest and most comprehensive provider of transaction-based, data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions serving large, consumer-based industries. The Company creates and deploys customized solutions, enhancing the critical customer marketing experience; the result is measurably changing consumer behavior while driving business growth and profitability for some of today’s most recognizable brands. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and other emerging technologies. Headquartered in Dallas, Alliance Data employs more than 10,000 associates at approximately 70 locations worldwide.
Alliance Data is a leading provider of marketing-driven credit solutions, and is the parent company of Epsilon®, a leading provider of multi-channel, data-driven technologies and marketing services, and LoyaltyOne®, which owns and operates the AIR MILES® Reward Program, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program. For more information about the company, visit our web site, www.AllianceData.com , or you can follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/AllianceData.
Ryan Partnership, a division of Epsilon, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law. Ryan Partnership is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
Ryan Partnership offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.