Department::Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies
Schedule: Part-Time Regular
Shift: Various days/shifts
- Address: 800 Washington St. Box 795 Boston, MA 02111
- Bachelor's degree is required
- The part-time Health Writer/Website Editor will write blogs, newsletter articles, and press releases that highlight the implications for national health care policy of research conducted at the Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health (CEVR) at Tufts Medical Center. The writer will also develop and implement strategies that increase traffic on the Tufts Medical Center Cost Effectiveness Analysis (CEA) Registry website developed and maintained by CEVR ( www.cearegistry.org ).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The writer will:
· Identify one to two topics each week pertaining to national or state health care policy and write corresponding blogs of roughly 200 to 300 words. Topics should address issues such as health care costs and benefits, how policy makers decide which health care interventions should be funded, how researchers measure costs, benefits, and population preferences for potential health outcomes. Blogs should highlight connections with the type of research done at CEVR, when relevant.
· Work with CEVR researchers to help them develop up to one blog each week featuring their work. The writer will become sufficiently familiar with CEVR’s research to write initial drafts of blogs.
· Write other non-technical items for CEVR, including press releases and CEVR’s biannual newsletter.
· Develop and implement strategies to increase traffic on the CEA Registry website. Approaches could include, for example, the novel use of social networking tools.III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
A. JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS· Demonstrated writing experience.
· An interest in learning about the type of health economics research conducted at CEVR and a sufficient quantitative background to be comfortable with this research (strong algebra skills and some knowledge of statistics).
· An interest in national health care policy issues, especially as they relate to health economics.· Must be willing to work at CEVR offices at least two designated days per week (10 -15 hours).
Tufts Medical Center is a world-class, academic medical institution in Boston, and is home to two full-service hospitals, one serving adults...