- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and minimum 5 to 7 years of related development experience required.
- Demonstrated depth with Sterling File Gateway, Sterling File Integrator and Sterling Command Center.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, lead, operate and support Managed File Transfer solutions.
- Expert level experience with the required development language, frameworks and IDE
- Expert level experience with software development patterns
- Expert level experience with service oriented architectures
- Experienced in multiple SDLC processes including waterfall and iterative.
- Experience with Sterling File Gateway, Sterling Integrator, WebSphere Message Broker.
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), Business Process Management and service design.
- Microsoft .NET framework, Visual Studio 2010 including c#
- Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations , First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
The Senior Developer is responsible for creating business applications which effectively implement the requirements. They participate actively in the Software Development Life Cycle while ensuring that FNFG polices are followed. The Senior Developer provided leadership and guidance to Developer and Junior Developers and is accountable for the overall quality of the application design and code.
During the Software Development Life Cycle the Senior Developer will perform the following functions while lending their expertise to the entire development team:
The Senior Developer is an expert with the necessary programming languages.
- Lead the design software components
- Develop code providing guidance to other team members
- Perform unit testing
- Collaborate on refining requirements
- Manage source code
- Collaborate on performance testing
- Provide estimates and deliver within them
- Maintain system and user documentation
The Senior Developer may be called upon to assist with other activities including (but not limited to):
The Senior Developer will be called on to contribute to the solution architecture.
- Support as needed
- Identify new opportunities
The Senior Developer must follow relevant FNFG guidelines resulting in the following:
- Lead the definition of development best practices
- Contribute to security guidelines
- Ensure branding guidelines are followed
- Lead the adherence to and improvement of our Software Development Life-cycle
First Niagara - 30+ days ago
A lot of water and a few barrels have gone over Niagara Falls since First Niagara Bank was founded. Tracing its roots to 1870, the flagship...