Location: Bentonville, AR
Job Function: Sales and Marketing
Job Code: 1209
# of openings: 1
Green Dot (NYSE: GDOT), which launched in 1999, is a publicly traded bank holding company primarily regulated by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. The Company provides widely distributed, low cost banking and payment solutions to a broad base of U.S. consumers. Green Dot's products and services include its market leading category of General Purpose Reloadable (GPR) prepaid cards and its industry-leading cash transfer network. Green Dot reloadable prepaid debit cards are designed for long-term, general spending and budgeting purposes and can be used everywhere that MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted. Green Dot has a wide product distribution network that includes approximately 60,000 retail stores nationwide, where 95% of Americans shop. Green Dot is headquartered in the greater Los Angeles area. For more details, visit www.greendot.com.
The Director, Marketing will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing initiatives that drive growth for the Walmart MoneyCard.The ideal candidate will be able to manage projects from conception through execution, and will work closely with the client team at Walmart. This role requires strong creative and organizational skills, as well as the ability to evaluate and give feedback on creative work. The candidate should have experience managing and coaching people. The Director will work closely with the creative department and will be responsible for delivering feedback on creative projects.
- Manage the development and execution of ongoing marketing initiatives and promotions, including acquisition and retention tactics
- Focus on increasing sales by establishing coordinated retail promotions calendars aligned with the Walmart calendar and the product development timeline
- Drive creative development to build compelling in-store and online presence that integrates with the brand’s overall marketing campaigns
- Manage working relationship with strategic partner(s) on relevant projects
- Develop a working knowledge of industry trends, including competitive offerings and product innovations
- Design and implement consumer research projects that support new product and business development, as well as acquisition and retention initiatives
- Analyze and synthesize research results to help drive business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience, or a combination of marketing, branding, and sales experience preferably in consumer focused companies
- Previous experience working on creative consumer products, either TV, Print, Digital or In-store
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and relationship management skills
- Retail partner or in-store marketing experience
- Strong project management, creative problem solving and interpersonal skills including influencing, resolving conflict
- High level of energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
Green Dot Corporation
- 3 years ago - save job
If you've got the green but not the plastic, Green Dot would like to help. The company offers prepaid debit cards through approximately...