Systems Architect Engineer 5
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Can you see the big picture and work in the weeds, too? … We’re looking for a good System Architect Engineer! Northrop Grumman – Information Systems is looking for an experienced System Architect Engineer who likes to work in a fastpaced environment and wants to make a difference. You’ll see the fruits of your labor realized as real mission users employ your system and make new requests in an agile environment. You’ll be part of a highly-responsive team who builds the highest quality software products for our national security customer. Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a System Architect Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Northern, VA area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a member or leader of the Architecture team, you will perform the following:
* Identify and implement technical strategic direction.
* Design systems architectures and interfaces.
* Apply best software engineering principles and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
* Identify and troubleshoot all system issues, to include performance.
* Track and order hardware and software resources, as required.
* Stay abreast of latest technologies and implementation strategies.
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer and system requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints and strategic direction.
* Conduct or support unit, integration, system, and production level testing on all software and procedures, as required.
* Prepare documentation.
* Promote Corporate and Sponsor goals.
* Collaborate with and communicate openly with all team members.
* Coordinate across all Sponsor organizations, as required.
* Brief at all levels.
* Take direction from Northrop Grumman Program Manager and team lead and keep them informed of all task status and out-of-normal situations.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* BS in Computer Science or related field
* Have 14 years of experience in system engineering or architecture and 5 years with Agile systems.
* Working knowledge of Java J2EE (JEE)
* Experience with WebLogic or Tomcat
* Experience in Secure system environments
* Working knowledge of Usability engineering.
* Basic understanding of UNIX and Windows commands.
* Ability to brief at all levels.
* Good technical writer
* Must be a self starter and take responsibility for completing assignments on time.
* Must be proficient in MS Office
* Must have a good working knowledge of workflow systems
* Position requires a current TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
* Preferred candidate will have led an architecture team.
* Have experience with Subversion.
* Have experience with configuration management.
* Have experience with the Selenium automated testing tool.
* Have experience in requirements analysis and documentation.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...