About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by
magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a
opening to join our
Day to Day (what a typical day or week looks like in this role)
The Manager, Maintenance and Tooling position will provide leadership in decision making as well as manage the operational excellence of the division. You will lead the Maintenance and Tooling function by integrating world class manufacturing and business processes with existing maintenance information systems designed to accelerate best practices.
What You Will Do
- Drive safety, quality, and productivity of the department and division through effective leadership
- Provide direction to the team to focus on key results areas. Educate key decision-makers
- Provide leadership role in lean activities
- Lead and participate in the development of standard total productive Maintenance, Reliability Centered Maintenance and Maintenance Performance Measures
- Experience administering Apprenticeship programs
What You Need To Succeed
- BS Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field
- Leadership experience in large manufacturing environment (5-10 years);
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a large staff (10+ direct reports) of engineering and operational professionals
- Proven success driving Lean principles and philosophies within the maintenance and tooling functions
- Experience driving Operational Excellence initiatives
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
Whirlpool - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
With brand names recognized by just about anyone who has ever separated dark colors from light, Whirlpool is one of the world's top...