About Goshen Care Center, Torrington
As part of Community Hospital Torrington, Goshen Care Center is a 103-bed long-term care facility that has been providing thoughtful care to the residents of southeast Wyoming and the bordering Nebraska communities since 1949. This exceptional facility features a new state-of-the-art 28-bed Alzheimer Unit. In addition, we are just completing an extensive expansion to further enhance our caring capabilities. Our skilled, experienced staff includes: RNs, LPNs, CNA, and other support staff.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
Pay Opportunity: $9.13 - 14.61/Hour
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical record; provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
- Provides assistance in activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and assisting patients with nutritional intake, as needed.
- Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with unit/facility policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
- Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient’s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
- Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal and EKGs. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
- May provide general support to the department, including greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel.
Knowledge as normally obtained through a high school diploma.
Current BLS certification. Current C.N.A. license in state of practice may be required in certain facilities and/or departments in accordance with regulatory requirements or facility/department policy.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Recent healthcare experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 15 months ago
The Goshen Center for Cancer Care is involved in, and sponsors, a number of clinical trials. Clinical trials have contributed to major...