Altran is a comprehensive engineering consulting firm that leverages innovative technologies and industry knowledge to help companies enhance their business and effectively manage their assets. Our goal is to seek out answers to our customer's critical engineering challenges and provide them with a framework that encourages innovative thinking, promotes operational efficiencies, and delivers results to their bottom lines. Our growth oriented team of professionals in North America work closely with utilities, power generation & delivery companies as well as commercial and industrial firms. Altran was recognized in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 by Engineering News Records as part of the Top ENR 500 Design firms. Altran is a wholly-owned division of the Altran Group (Altran Technologies), the European leader in Innovation and Technology consulting. In 2011, the Group’s revenue reached over $2 billion with 17,250 professionals serving clients and improving efficiencies in 20 countries.
We are currently seeking an Instrumentation & Controls engineer to work on I&C and low voltage electrical projects. Engineers will take instruction from the project/lead engineer on the job and work as part of the overall project team.
• Develop control system (PLC\DCS) specifications
• Develop system operating descriptions
• Develop instrument data sheets
• Develop detailed design drawings (P&IDs, loop and schematic diagrams)
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger group is a must
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience as an Instrument and Control engineer in an architecture and engineering firm, process or power plant, or some combination thereof
• Candidate must be knowledgeable in all types of field instrumentation and their application
• Knowledgeable in control valve sizing
• Experience and knowledge in various DCS & PLC systems, I/O list
• Strong experience in all design aspects inclusive of P&IDs, instrument ISA data sheets, instrument installation details, low voltage wiring, physical conduit routing and cable tray design, loop diagrams, wiring diagrams, schematics including motor control, and hazardous area wiring whether intrinsically safe or explosion proof
• Experienced in SAMA & Logic Diagrams, system operating descriptions
• Experience with distributed I/O (i.e. smart MCC’s)
• Experience with plant control system DCS network architecture/communication protocols
• Experience performing vendor drawing reviews and identification and implementation of tie-in points
• Candidate must have superior verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Professional Engineering Registration preferred, but not required
• Ability to perform field survey/walkdowns and identify applicable existing customer documents/drawings
• Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V
Altran - 22 months ago
Altran is a comprehensive engineering consulting firm that leverages innovative technologies and industry knowledge to help companies...