D E P A R T M E N T: Regional Finance
J O B S T A T U S: Vacant
F L S A S T A T U S: Exempt
R E P O R T S T O: Regional Finance Manager
P O S I T I O N S S U P E R V I S E D: None
A M O U N T O F T R A V E L R E Q U I R E D: None
W O R K S C H E D U L E: This position works between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Overtime may be required.
P O S I T I O N S U M M A R Y
Financial Analyst take an active role in driving market billing, monthly reporting and analysis, ad hoc reporting, budgeting, forecasting and projections. The Financial Analyst will interact with a diverse group of internal personnel including other financial analysts, divisional leadership, and functional staff to interpret financial data and operational performance.
E S S E N T I A L F U N C T I O N S
S K I L L S & A B I L I T I E S
- Provide first-line financial support to PMs; recognize financial issues and drive resolution
- Trigger client billing; resolve URR and match-hold; with the concentration on mitigation of CIEB
- Manage project true-up and closure; ensure all costs are recorded to projects prior to close. Drive client reimbursement to control margins.
- Effectively communicate and mitigate sales order gap to drive revenue
- Project Controls management: review all projects to ensure proper cost and revenue budgets, manage margins.
- Purchase Orders: ensure POs are issued timely, in concurrence with negotiated pricing and terms and with the proper accounting treatment. Ensure POs are received timely for services rendered.
- Review all CBS (cost budget shortfall) for mitigation and accuracy; brief PM on drivers and opportunity for improvement
- Monthly Forecast: participate in monthly forecast preparation and submittal. Includes deployment schedule, site count, revenue, margin, operating expenses.
- Be able to articulate variances to forecast and plan without assistance; evaluate trends in financial results and take appropriate action to correct
- Knowledgeable about key accounting items and their impact on project financials (accruals, amortization, etc). Quickly identify potential issues with reporting and/or accounting and assist in resolution
- Assist in resolution of A/P and maintain strong vendor relationships
- Maintain high level of technical proficiency in Oracle, Workbench, QuickBase, etc. Understand connectivity between such systems, with the ability to research discrepancies.
- Deliver ad-hoc training to non-financial staff
- Act as the main point of contact between the market project team and finance / accounting
- Establish local market quality standards for deliverables and processes, and provides feedback to the project team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis. Experience in Telecommunications or Construction industries a plus
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
MasTec Network Solutions - 9 months ago