Under the direction of the Commercial Banking Credit Manager, the Commercial Credit
Underwriter is a partner to the Primary Relationship Officer, responsible for structuring deals and the
evaluation of financial and other risks associated with business clients to enable a credit decision to be made.
This individual must possess strong commercial credit skills and experience. In addition, this position is
responsible for conducting sales and relationship management activities utilizing Excellence in Sales/Service
(ESS) disciplines and behaviors.
Prepares CAM package and written summaries, including forward looking acceptability of
Communicates with client and PRO to obtain information. Is responsible for the accuracy
of the content of these documents.
- Credit Write-up;
- Quarterly Asset Quality Report, to include forecast;
- Annual term loan reviews for stand-alone term loans or multi-year facilities;
Facilitates documentation process with Commercial Banking SVC & Support (CBSS)
- Prepares Advisement Letter for PRO, if appropriate;
- Orders documents from CBSS for timely delivery to client;
Complete review of documents to ensure accuracy as approved, prior to PRO obtaining
the client’s signature(s).
Structures, determines credit covenants, and /or fine-tunes credit facilities proposed by
Primary Relationship Officer, and ensures that they are in conformity with bank policy.
Monitors client financial condition through review of periodic financial statements,
covenant compliance, and personal investigation of conditions in the industry,
marketplace, competition and industry
- Analyzes cash flow projections and formulates
alternative risk scenarios; performs other due diligence as necessary. Communicates with
client and PRO to complete described job functions.
Performs deal screens with Commercial Banking Credit Manager and Primary
- Provides input to the monitoring and validation of the assigned client risk rating
- Reviews daily overdrafts report and approves or recommends
appropriate disposition for the overdraft; communicates with client and PRO as
- May exercise delegated overdraft and daylight overdraft authority.
- College degree preferably in business or related area, or equivalent business and/or business
credit work experience.
- Minimum of three years commercial credit experience, preferred:
- Satisfactorily completed the “Commercial Credit” training or equivalent experience
- Commercial lending line experience as a PRO is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and must have a thorough understanding of all aspects of financial
statement analysis, including cash flow lending.
- Demonstrated verbal, written communication and client servicing skills which meets BOHC’s
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office and other
spreadsheet and database programs
Bank of Hawaii knows there's no place like home. The corporation is the holding company for Bank of Hawaii (familiarly known as Bankoh),...