BT&S LOB Finance Intern - 096654
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Responsible for providing in-depth financial planning and business analysis as it relates to the Building Technology and Service Line of Business (BT&S LOB) including engineering, product management and marketing, and providing senior management insight into the financial trends and operating performance for the Building Technology and Services Line of Business (BT&S LOB). Reports to the Finance Director for the BT&S LOB. Must be able to deal directly with Division senior management.
1. Assist in preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts as well as providing other forms of performance benchmarking.
2. Proactively work with the BT&S LOB including engineering, product management and marketing to improve actual financial results consistent with operating plan commitments and objectives.
3. Develop and review monthly financial results and business metrics for the BT&S LOB. Proactively identify business improvement opportunities and either implement them or communicate them to management for implementation.
4. Facilitate month end close process including preparation of journal entries, analysis of monthly variances to forecast, and preparation of monthly bridges and monthly financial statements.
5. Support Department of Energy grant activities including preparation of reimbursement requests and quarterly reporting.
6. Monitor performance and control cross charges from the Controls LOB India Engineering Center.
7. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Course work toward a Bachelor
's or Master's degree in Finance or Accounting. Must be at least a Junior. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills with strong problem solving abilities. Must have the ability to work and be effective in a team environment. Individual PC skills, particularly with Excel, are a must. This position will work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and HFM Consolidation Software.
Johnson Controls - 22 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...