Exercises primary scientific, technical, and administrative responsibility for the operation of a very large laboratory or group of laboratories engaged in one or more specialties of laboratory practice; or directs and ongoing clinical laboratory improvement program for clinical laboratories under permit; or supervises or participates in inspections to ensure that laboratory policies and procedures are in compliance with City, State and federal regulations. In addition to performing the typical tasks of the lower Assignment Levels at a higher level, also performs the following:
1. Directs all operations of a group of laboratories providing diagnostic services; directs the
operations of the section providing proficiency testing and training programs for clinical
2. Initiates, plans, organizes, coordinates and schedules special studies related to improving
services of the laboratories; modifies their techniques, or devises new methodologies.
3. Supervises and monitors the work of the laboratory examiners or consultants inspecting
laboratories under permit.
1. Valid license as a clinical laboratory technologist issued by the NYSED; and
2. Candidates must also meet one of the qualification requirements of a laboratory supervisor as outlined in Title 1 0, Section 58-1.4 of the New York Public HeaIth Law.
Health and Hospitals Corporation - 18 months ago