- Ten week summer internship program
-Challenging, hands-on work experience
-Exposure to plant managers and leaders
-networking opportunities with JBS employees
JBS offers an exciting, fast-paced work environment, a culture of mutual respect and teamwork, and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth. We have crafted our internship program as the first step in a long-term career path. We are committed to taking high caliber individuals to the height of their potential, thus building a proven and knowledgeable bench for future JBS leadership.
Working side-by-side with a JBS manager, Base Camp interns focus on one area of production for their summer working term. Interns are assigned a specific project to complete and present at the end of the summer, and the program offers mentorship, lunch and learns with plant managers and industry leaders, community involvement and social activities, and the opportunity for future placement in a full-time position or leadership program with JBS. Interns will spend one day in either the hiring process or conducting employee roundtables.
The JBS internship is an intensive experience. You will have immediate responsibility for tasks and projects that directly affect our profitability. By giving us your perspective and insight, you enhance our capabilities as a company.
· Opportunity for future placement in a full-time position or leadership program with JBS
· Gain a broad exposure to various disciplines within the industry
· Work alongside bright, driven, industry professionals
· Develop your business and professional skills
· Build a network of contacts around the organization
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Ag, Animal Science, or Business majors preferred but not required
· Junior or graduate student standing with a graduation date between December 2012 and June 201
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities, judgment and initiative
· Extracurricular activities, internships and academic projects that indicate strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to work in a high pressure and fast paced environment
· Exceptional communication skills necessary to interact directly with senior managers and clients
JBS is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace