Force 3 is currently searching for an experienced and results driven Finance and Accounting Director to join our team. Are you eager to apply your leadership, management and finance skills in a fast paced and dynamic environment? The Finance and Accounting Director will work side by side with our VP, Accounting & Finance, and be a strategic player. Solid leadership responsibilities with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude that’s willing to dive into the details. This experienced professional will have deep finance and accounting skills and can bring leadership, best practices, strategic thinking, improved processes, and new ideas to Force 3. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a successful growing company with great people in a fun and creative yet innovative culture. We focus on driving 100% customer success, innovation, and developing our people.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Finance Department transformation: Works with the controller to transform the Finance department to one that inspires confidence across both internal and external stakeholders. Capable of implementing finance processes and controls that reflect high standards. Capable of motivating a team and managing change.
- Communication skills – effective “translator” of finance to business leaders: Can speak proficiently to finance audiences (such as auditors and credit stakeholders) as well as business leaders. Can articulate finance concepts to business leaders in a way that demonstrates both finance and business acumen so that leaders understand the impact of finance on the business and implications for action.
- Technical Financial knowledge and skills: Brings best practice accounting concepts and deep knowledge, including: Financial Process improvement: Identifies and implements efficient best practice financial processes that fit the company. Such processes include shortening cycle time, budget analysis, effective forecasting and month-end close. Financial Reporting: Will generate financial reports and perform financial analysis on these reports in order to provide upper management with a more comprehensive understanding of the figures.
What does Force 3 need from you?
- Team Development: Works with the Controller to identify the skills needed in the Finance department and build the right team. Will oversee the revenue as well as the AR, AP & Payroll departments. Demonstrates leadership ability to coach individuals around finance skills as well as learn from team members. Shows up as highly competent and confident, but with the humility to know he or she can learn from colleagues and direct reports.
Force 3 is a Cisco Gold, Cisco Master Security Specialization Partner, Cisco Master Unified Communications Specialization Partner, EMC Velocity Advantage, VMware Premier Partner, Citrix Silver Solution Advisor and a Microsoft Gold Partner with offices in Crofton, MD and Herndon, VA.
- **US Citizenship and the ability to pass a background check***
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance strongly preferred
- Requires 5-7 years of Finance experience.
- Requires 3 years of management experience.
- CPA required
- Government Contract experience preferred
- Public Accounting background preferred
- Navision experience a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits program for you and your family including, but not limited to, health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Our additional benefits include a 401K retirement savings plan, financial planning, education assistance, certification reimbursement, employee assistance program and employee referral incentives.