In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is full time in South Burlington, VT.
This is classified a sensitive position per Merchants Bank policy; candidates may be subject to additional background review.
A. GENERAL SUMMARY Responsible for installation and management of application servers, operating system & application software upgrades, troubleshooting network and application software problems, automating installs, documentation, management information reporting, and providing end user / help desk support.
B. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform all operational IT related tasks including both scheduled & on request processing.
2. Assist vendors, network users, and customers in problem resolution on all hardware and software issues. Provide IT Help Desk support.
3. Install new application software and upgrades to existing packages on all Merchants Bank computing platforms (WAN, PC, AS/400). Work towards integrating applications when appropriate and when the integration will provide efficiencies and cost savings for the bank.
4. Evaluate vendor applications, represent IT department on committee’s that R&D new solutions, meet with vendors, and assist IT management in making technology related decisions.
5. Install, update, and tune operating system platforms on all in-
house computer systems.
6. Retrofit vendor supplied applications for any TMB created modifications. This includes modifications made to both AS400 and network based solutions.
7. Support, troubleshoot, and maintain WAN hardware / software used to support the banks network.
8. Cross train into all aspects of the department (Computer operations, PC / networks, & Information Reporting).
9. Provide input and technical support in implementing IT activities / solutions that support bank goals and objectives.
10. Maintains knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements related to areas of responsibility. Ensure that policies and procedures regarding applicable regulations are being followed.
11. Perform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
C. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. A strong understanding of PC and networking topologies is required with proven abilities to diagnose and support complex network computing solutions. Significant experience supporting Cisco routing & switching, Windows 7, Microsoft Server 2008, Microsoft network infrastructure products, VMware, and firewall management desired.
2. Network support and networking experience required. Professional certification of (MCP / MCSE) preferred or equivalent work experience required. This is not an entry level position.
3. A strong understanding of client server architecture and data flow concepts.
4. Experience interfacing with vendors in a diverse AS/400, Windows Desktop, & Windows Server networking environment. Vendor involvement and interaction is required both in terms of regular support issues and also in the procurement and evaluation process.
5. Experience with management reporting tools or application programming is required. A willingness / capability to master other reporting reporting tools or application programming languages is also required.
6. All candidates covered by this job description must be fully trained and capable of performing the operational procedures documented as part of the IT Operations manual and the MIS daily & weekly checklists within six months of hire.
7. All full time candidates covered by this job description may be asked take turns covering the operational processes required of the IT department. This may mean that, on a rotational basis, the candidates expected hours may deviate from the hours that the rest of the IT department works.
8. Proactive approach in recognizing and assisting to resolve computing issues.
9. Willingness and ability to learn new methods, systems, applications, and technical skills that will provide for delivery of a high level of quality customer service.
10. Ability to work well independently or in a group setting.
11. Strong problem solving skills.
12. Professional attitude and appearance.
13. Willingness to be on call and to work extra hours as necessary. Some off shift work (other than 8:00 -5:00 will be required).
D. WORK ENVIRONMENT
General Work Conditions.
Merchants Bank VT - 17 months ago