This position is responsible for leading, planning, implementing and supporting all aspects of S&D’s sustainability program. The position works with all departments to initiate and implement company-wide sustainability initiatives that minimize S&D Coffee’s environmental impact and strengthens both global and local community relations. This position will provide direct hands-on contribution and management/coordination of cross-departmental internal and external resources. The Director of Corporate Social Responsibility will be the lead contributor and presenter of sustainability proposals to customers, and will fulfill audit requirements on sustainability.
- Create sustainability strategy and goals, develop and oversee implementation plans, and establish metrics to track progress.
- Provide recommendations and updates to leadership team for direction and insight into sustainability best practices.
- Deliver sustainability subject matter in support of S&D account teams to major customers. Gather, analyze and present information to meet audit requirements or in contribution to strategic customer proposals.
- Lead the LEAFS (Leading Environmental Awareness for Sustainability) committee and work with them to identify goals and metrics along with implementing solutions.
- Educate employees, customers, and suppliers about specific sustainability initiatives and provide necessary tools for support.
- Work with all departments to incorporate sustainability initiatives into supply chain operations and potentially identify cost savings with such initiatives.
- Collaborate with Marketing/PR to communicate sustainability initiatives to internal and external stakeholders, research and identify sustainability certifications (product and company), and to address any potential external issues that arise regarding sustainability concerns.
- Partner with R&D/Business Development to develop new products and packaging to consider environmental and community impacts of sourcing decisions.
- Evaluate external factors that impact sustainability strategy and conduct risk assessment as needed.
- Represent S&D Coffee at sustainability events and conferences.
- Serve as main point of contact for sustainability-specific questions/issues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years’ experience related to sustainability.
- Appropriate certifications pertaining to sustainability and/or corporate social responsibility.
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred; or coursework/experience with supply chain issues preferred, but not required.
- Experience with greenhouse gas inventory/carbon footprint a plus.
- Ability to comprehend business needs and translate them into business strategy and project planning.
- Outstanding change management, process management, mentoring, presentation, organizational, and facilitation skills.
- Exceptional project management skills in managing multiple initiatives to a successful completion.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and recognize priorities.
Strong computer skills in Windows Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.) are required.
For confidential consideration, please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or Fax: 800-230-7559. In order to comply with government recordkeeping requirements, please go to www.sndcoffee.com/about/careers.asp and send us a completed Self Identification Survey along with your resume/application. This survey is provided in Word format so that it can be included with your submission.
S&D Coffee, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Find Director of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Salary Information >>
Click Here to See Training Courses related to this Job >>
Apply Now >>
Share with Facebook Friends
Report this job
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
JobsinSustainability - 11 months ago
Chances are you've had a taste of S&D and didn't even know it. As a leading US coffee roaster catering to the foodservice indu...