The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Full Time Histotechnologist IIII to work in Albuquerque, NM.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 6:00am-4:30pm, with weekend rotations.
Currently we are seeking a Histotechnologist I. As a Histotechnologist I, you will perform the daily activities as described below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
2. Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I and II.
3. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
4. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
5. Ensure proper tissue processing.
6. Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
7. Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
8. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
9. Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
10. Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
11. Obtain and validate tissue used in special stains.
12. Perform all special stain procedures.
13. May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
14. May obtain and validate control material used in IHC procedures.
15. May perform IHC testing.
16. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
17. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
18. Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians, students and lab aides.
19. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
20. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
21. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
22. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
23. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Education: AA or AS degree or equivalent training and experience
Work Experience: 1-3 years experience as a Histotechnician Special Requirements: HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)Meet all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician.
Key Word Search: accession, label, Hematoxylin, Eosin, staining, reporting, coverslip, stain, IHC, troubleshoot.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Discover a career with real meaning at Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX), the nation's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and...