Physical Location: Ba Coto NorteCarr 686 Int. 670 Location: Advanced Instruments - PR
Location City: Manati Department/Function: Puerto Rico
State/Territory/Province: Puerto Rico Last updated: 4/25/13 10:47 AM
VWR International, LLC, is a global distributor of laboratory supplies and services whose reach and range focus on customer value. Headquartered in Radnor, Pa., with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2011, VWR delivers a world of supplies and services that accelerate science through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as industrial, educational and governmental organizations. With more than 150 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities across the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates, in more than 25 countries working to streamline the way researchers stock and maintain their labs. With a client base spanning North America, Europe and Asia, VWR is firmly positioned to maintain a strong global presence. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing on-site services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Job Description :
The Metrology Technician ensures calibration and measurement compliance with departmental management system and regulatory agencies. Generate and handle operation of general instrumentation.
- Apply knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics, and electronics to calibrate inspection, measurement and test equipment in different disciplines (electrical, dimensional, mechanical, etc) to ensure measurement accuracy.
- Identify and utilize appropriate measurement procedure.
- Perform corrective actions to address identified measurement problems.
- Adapts equipment, standards, and procedures to accomplish unique measurement.
- Collect, compile, measure, summarize, and record data gathered during calibration.
- Prepare calibration reports and certificate.
- Maintains calibration standards.
- Perform laboratory housekeeping.
- Perform other related duties according with the department necessities.
Experience & Skills:
- Basic Computer Skills (word-processing, spreadsheets)
- Basic Knowledge in electronics and measurement sciences.
- Experience with technical documentation
- Manual dexterity needed to manipulate equipment to perform metrology duties.
- Ability to use mathematics to resolve measurement related problems.
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Interacts with associates, clients and suppliers. Must be affable and warm maintaining and guarding for an atmosphere of cooperation, teamwork and respect even in moments of stress.
- Possibility of free movement by all the area of the department.
- Employee may report to client facility (driving required).
- Handle packages and equipment heavy, with patterns of clients and materials.
- Minimum weight .5 pound up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work under pressure, as much of client and dates limits imposed by the supervisor.
- Two years of experience in calibration environment.
- High school diploma required; associate Degree in Science or Technology strongly preferred
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs. May handle packages from 0.5 to 50 lbs.
- Employee has contact with alcohol, silicon oil, CO2, liquid nitrogen, acetone, and paint (spray).
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR maintains a drug free workplace
VWR International - 19 months ago
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions...