Service Technicians report to Service Managers. The Service Technician will be responsible for installing and servicing enterprise level access control systems and possess strong troubleshooting experience in a variety of systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in the design, performing installation startup, closeout of all jobs, service on existing systems, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and tasks as assigned by the Service Manager.
- Installation and service of access control, CCTV, and burglar alarm systems.
- Assist in designing and trouble shooting in a variety of systems.
- Ability to manage multiple small to mid scale installations within budget and on time.
- High level of customer interaction.
- Trouble shooting.
- Testing all equipment after termination is made to ensure performance of system.
- Work in compliance with the company safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
- Works with Service Manager to oversee the installation of multiple crews to ensure jobs are on track and within the estimate.
- Responsible for training apprentices on Niscayah’s procedures, systems and installation techniques.
- All work is preformed to Niscayah’s and customer’s standards and quality installation techniques are practiced.
- Works with Systems engineers on startup to ensure complete system compliance.
- Works with Service Manager to ensure complete closeout and turn over of jobs to the client and service department.
- May supervise apprentices or junior technicians
- Experienced in access control, CCTV and burglar alarm
- 5+ years experience in electronic security systems.
- Experience working with large, commercial clients
- 5+ years working in the electronic field where AC/DC theory is used on a daily.
- Certification or experience in Lenel, Software House, Casi, ProWatch or other access control products highly preferred
- Proper hand and power tool operations and safety
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot relay logic
- Candidates must be computer literate. Computer networking knowledge a plus.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
- Ability to finish projects
- Ability to organize workload for effective implementation
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Strong customer and results orientation
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to function as an effective team member
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
- Detail oriented, results driven individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Excellent attitude, strong work ethic and work quality are a must
Stanley Security Solutions - 2 years ago