Director Marketing - Louisiana
Job ID 2013-21872 # Positions 1
Search Category Sales & Marketing
Type Regular Full-Time (30+ hours) Posted Date 1/29/2013
Additional Locations ..
More information about this job:
Responsibilities include coordinating and directing the efforts of the marketing initiatives in the Plan. Development of objectives, policies and programs for marketing activity related membership growth, retention, acquisitions and business initiatives. Develops and implements initiatives to meet strategic objectives. Hiring, mentoring, and coaching a team of individuals into a cohesive and effective marketing sales force.
1. Plans, organizes, directs and manages strategic direction of representative to ensure that market specific enrollment goals are met.
2. Develops short and long term marketing and retention strategies and objectives.
3. Directs and coordinates activities of the Business Initiative to assure alignment with corporate goals.
4. Researches and evaluates competitive activity.
5. Development and implementation of an effective tracking mechanism for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly rep activities and productivity.
6. Develops and implements regular rep activity/business reviews.
7. Develops and conducts office and field rep training methods.
8. Develops, changes and/or adapts marketing techniques to fit the marketplace.
9. Oversees the quality control process and procedures to verify accuracy of the applications and enrollments into the program.
10. Ensure compliance with state and municipal laws, rules, and guidelines for marketing and outreach.
11. Interfaces and cooperates with other departments on a regular basis.
12. Tracks, measures and monitors enrollment trends and issues including discussions with State and County contacts.
13. Performs other professional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or similar field required.
- Masters Degree in Business, Health Care Administration or a similar field preferred.
Years and Type of Experience Required:
- At least 7 years of successful experience in sales required, health insurance experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of sales or marketing management experience required.
- Proven track record of designing, developing and managing sales, marketing, and community relations functions.
- Knowledge of Protocols and Process Regulations.
Certifications or Licensures
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a motor vehicle.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven management skills, organizational planning, budgeting, goal setting and achievements.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis capabilities.
- Analytical thinking and positive problem resolutions.
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards target population.
Computer Hardware, Software and Applications / Office Equipment - Advanced
- Ability to use software and hardware of a computer to complete certain moderate to complex tasks. Skills to use basic office equipment such as telephone, fax machine and copy machine.
- Working knowledge in a windows environment, in particular with Word and Excel, to include navigation skills using a mouse and keyboard. Use of internet. Ability to review and draft correspondence in email system and word processing systems. Ability to use spreadsheets to review, organize and edit data.
- Experience working with SalesForce.
- Ability to use software to conduct data analysis, reporting and sharing of information to solve problems. Ability to use of complex applications of software to analyze and solve business problems.
Read, Interpret and Apply information - Advanced
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret complex information to provide accurate and appropriate information to business partner or customer.
- Ability to research information using available resources and determine where gaps in information exist to seek other sources.
- Ability to understand when to escalate erroneous/inconsistent information discovered in resources to appropriate level of management for review.
- Demonstrates understanding of the organization's mission and strategies.
- Works to clarify and understand the broader purpose and mission of own work.
- Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
Make Sound Decisions
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- Collects sufficient information to understand problems and issues.
- Analyzes problems and issues from different points of view.
- Applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions.
People Leadership Develop/Support Organizational Talent
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Treats others with respect. - Listens carefully and attentively to others’ opinions and ideas.
- Maintains positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances.
- Works cooperatively with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Encourages people to draw on each other's strengths and experience to work together effectively, within and across teams.
- Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them.
- Provides honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance.
- Shares own experience and expertise with others.
Results Leadership Show Drive and Initiative
- Demonstrates a "can-do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
- Maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
- Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
- Does not easily give up in the face of unexpected obstacles.
- Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others.
Accountability / Optimize Execution
- Juggles many priorities and competing demands for one's time.
- Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward and/or get efforts back on track.
- Surfaces problems and issues before projects get derailed.
- Able to present information verbally, and in writing, in a concise and effective manner.
- Demonstrate ownership skills when handling internal or external customer concerns or issues.
- Able to identify problems and develop satisfying solutions.
- Demonstrates motivation and innovation for self-improvement.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of healthcare industry.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how position is related to unit/team within a department.
- Able to participate in teams as a strong team participant.
# Direct Reports: 2-15
# Indirect Reports: 2-15
Budgetary $ Responsibility: Varies by market
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
- Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to Amerigroup travel policies and procedures.
AMERIGROUP Corporation - 17 months ago