Plant Cost Analyst – |
If you are a proactive, enthusiastic and dynamic individual who enjoys working with people and finding practical and sensible solutions across all levels of organization, then join our team at Ascend Performance Materials! We are seeking an analytical and results-oriented Cost Analyst to work in our facility in Greenwood, SC.
In this role, you will provide accounting support to portions of manufacturing and/or utilities and services operations at a manufacturing site. You will work collaboratively with other members of the Greenwood team and with line management, with a focus on continuously improving productivity within the function and the manufacturing site, ensuring good internal controls, and assisting in building a culture around process improvement, work redesign and cost reduction.
• Partner with business to provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
• Preparation and presentation of detailed annual budgets; preparation and analysis of monthly forecasts; reporting and analysis of actual monthly cost results; and from time to time, special cost analysis and site studies as required.
• Completion of monthly closing activities, which includes analysis and verification of monthly actual costs and variances from standard costs, making journal entries, reconciling accounts and preparing reports.
• Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
• Prepare and analyze product costs; analyze variances in manufacturing metrics and results.
• Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all financial statements and systems.
• Develop, analyze, and present economic business cases on capital or other related projects.
• Maintain a control environment on site that complies with all company and external agency requirements.
• Coordinate the physical inventory process and ensure no significant inventory variance.
• Assist in special assignments as needed.
• Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Working knowledge of SAP. Strong systems and personal computer skills required.
• High level of dedication to meeting customer requests and required time commitments.
• Aptitude for relating manufacturing activities and processes to financial outcomes.
• Demonstrated use of collaboration and indirect influence skills.
• Proven track record of results and ability to partner with all levels within the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 0-2 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience.