To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate' degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as banquet contracts and communicate information either verbally or in written form. Ability to speak before groups of customers or colleagues of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, sales tax, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to estimate budgets based on client's needs and accepted standards of consumption.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The colleague frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The colleague is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The colleague must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions o this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OPEN AVAILABILITY, WEEKENDS REQUIRED. SALES EXPERIENCE A PLUS.
SEND RESUMES TO: email@example.com
Reports to: Director of Sales/Sales Manager/General Manager
Responsible for professional, proficient and timely clerical and administrative support for the hotel's sales process. Assist the Sales Manager or General Manager in soliciting, developing and maintaining accounts in the corporate, government and leisure market segment and catering/banquet business. The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time die to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Responsible for hotel site tours for potential business
- Handle all meeting room calls. Request room setup and A/V equipment needs; deposit and or payment requirements and any catering needs
- Send out meeting room contracts with the customer requests
- Provide room setup and catering needs to appropriate department or individual and provide copy to Sales Manager and/or General Manager for sign-off.
- Greet the meeting attendee upon arrival. Show them the meeting room and insure setup is their satisfaction and review any last minute needs. Confirm times for breaks, lunch and the menu items. Review how messages are to be handled. Ask them to call for any needs.
- Use break times are utilized for refreshing of the room and any catering items
- Prior to leaving, met with the attendee to insure any last minute items are handled and that any further requests can be directed to the MOD and/or GM. Present them with the bill and inquire if any further business needs in the future can be booked
- Make sure the meeting room(s) are cleaned and secured
- Handle all group inquiries if Sales Manager not available. Send out contract and cover letter to group/tour with instructions and deposit/payment requirements
- When direct billing is requested, get approval from GM and follow all Rim established Accounting policies. Send out direct bill application and upon completion submit to Rim Office
- Prior to group arrival, make sure signed contract and form of payment is on file
- Two weeks prior to arrival, make sure rooming lists as been received. If not, notify the group and request the contract be faxed with a signature in order to hold the block and the original is sent in the mail. Release block when rooming list is received or at proper cut-off
- As needed, type and update any special rates negotiated for ongoing corporate accounts and groups
- Greet tours and familiarize them with the hotel. Make sure all the rooms have been pre-keyed and pass out to tour guide. Collect final payment. Ensure luggage is handled, arrange for welcome bag in room and/or reception
- Generate function sheets for all departments when a group, tour or meeting group is in house. Make any changes if necessary
- Assemble sales packets to include all specific hotel information
- Send Thank You letters or cards for all groups, meeting rooms and tours that have stayed or used the hotel