The executive is responsible for driving the storage transformation at Kaiser Permanente in concert with the wider Infrastructure Management Group transformation to a service centric operating model. In this role the executive will direct the activities of multiple storage strategy, design, & implementation teams while maintaining a strong client focus. Must be an excellent communicator with the ability to collaborate across diverse teams, with building and managing storage teams a plus. Manages a group responsible for the early concept formulation that integrates client needs and business requirements, design, implementation, testing, and delivery and sustaining of enterprise storage enhancements and/or new storage systems including arming he delivery organizations with the information and tools they need to fulfill requests, monitor and manage storage services. The executive will be accountable for business engagement and ensuring alignment with business strategies including cost levers to help drive positive outcomes.
The executive oversees the design and development of an enterprise storage environment that includes: enterprise storage hardware, software and technologies, controllers, backplanes, enclosures, arrays, hardware building blocks for larger Direct Attached Storage (DAS) and Network Attached Storage (NAS), and Storage Area Network(SAN) solutions include backup, achieve, local and/or remote replication. The executive focuses on optimizing stability, availability, reliability and performance. The executive is also responsible for leading rigorous storage process and service improvement programs for stable and secure platforms. The executive will direct the implementation of new or additional storage technology and solutions to improve infrastructure service, both locally and remotely. The executive will establish operational objectives and metrics for managers and/or teams of professionals across sub-functions. The executive will provide authoritative advice to management based on deep subject matter expertise. The executive provides direction and guidance for operations, administration and results for multiple departments within a function. The executive will ensure that product design meets the requirements for schedule, feature set, functionality, cost, continuity of supply, quality, reliability, regulatory compliance and industry standards of compliance.
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Oversees the delivery of designs and projects within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Manages a team responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, maintenance and documentation of storage systems.
- Analyzes and investigates storage engineering tasks, and prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Provides direction for design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of storage infrastructure technologies.
- Approves recommendations for capacity planning, performance optimization and future direction.
- Oversees the design of storage solutions per business requirements.
- Collaborates with business partners, Infrastructure leadership and domain architects on storage solution roadmaps that deliver customer value through technology leadership, ease of use, better-together product integrations, end-to-end data management, and cost competitiveness.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Candidates should have 14+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience, plus 10+ years of leadership experience
- Direct accountability and management of a yearly $10M plus, multi year storage transformation effort
- In sync with current storage architectures and industry credibility
- Executive level presentation
- Business acumen and proven ability to determine accurate unit costs and influence business consumers to tie consumption to cost
- Experience with Distributed Systems storage is a must
- Working with a off shore service delivery partner is a must
- Knowledge of ITSM frameworks and concepts
- Exposure to and working experience with organizational change
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field would be highly advantageous
Kaiser Permanente - 12 months ago
Can a single organization change the future of health care? At Kaiser Permanente, we think so. America's leading nonprofit integrated health...